The World Handicap System (WHS) is now into its third week of operation in England following the launch on 2 November. We’re continuing our work to improve the data and platform for our clubs and members.
Since our last update, here are a number of developments you should be aware of:
Pending scores and incorrect tees
• The fixes have been identified and we continue to manually update tee information – these two issues are linked therefore 'pending scores' will correct themselves as we edit the tee information
• 60% of known incorrect tee data has already been updated
My England Golf app development and launch
• The 'My EG' app is now available on both Apple and Google Play stores
• Golfers now have quick access to view their Handicap Index, player profile, course handicap calculator and connect with friends
• Golfers must sign-up to a My England Golf account and create a password in order to access the app. Please ensure all your members email addresses and DOBs are up to date and correct to allow access to the WHS platform
Other user experience and member profile improvements are ongoing as we continue to collate and track feedback coming into the WHS support email inbox.
If you encounter specific issues relating to system, data or user experience we
still encourage you to email firstname.lastname@example.org
The handicap committee at your golf club has a vital role to play in the smooth running of the World Handicap System.
It is especially important to note the role of a handicap committee in reviewing a golfer’s Handicap Index.
To fully understand the role a handicap committee should play in the administration of an index, please click here.
In order to help the handicap committee to decide if a short-term review is necessary, we can also provide a helpful infographic to take you through the correct process.
All documentation can be found on the web site so please click here