Any players wishing to be considered for Dorset County team selection are encouraged to enter as many of the Order of Merit events as possible. These 36 hole scratch events provide an invaluable opportunity to gain experience for both aspiring and proven County players.
|27th May||Dorset County Championship||Parkstone||Results|
|25th June||Wimborne Cup||Parkstone||Results|
|21st August||County Stroke Play||Sherborne||ENTER|
|18th September||The Dorset Open (Hillamsland Trophy)||Dudsbury||ENTER|
Order of Merit – Rules:
1. The Dorset Order of Merit will be open to all players, with no entry fee, who are members of clubs affiliated to the Dorset County Golf Union.
2. The top 15 positions in each event will be awarded points on the following scale 50, 40, 30, 25, 20, 15, 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 (ties receive split points which will be rounded up to half points).
3. The total aggregated points determine position in the OOM table. Players are not restricted in the number of events they can enter.
4. The top 16 qualifiers for the Matchplay stage in the County Championship receive 5 OOM points with the finalists receiving a further 5 points.
3. The Winner of the Order of Merit will receive the Trophy.
4. All disputes and other matters relating to the Dorset Order of Merit will be decided by the Executive Committee whose decision shall be final.