Between April to September you need to be aware of the risks of UV light and remember to follow these five rules when playing, working or spectating:
1. Keep sunscreen (SPF30+), sunglasses, a hat and large umbrella in your summer kit bag.
2. Apply sunscreen at least 20 minutes before teeing off to ensure it is effective.
3. Reapply sunscreen every two hours on sunny days, or around the 9th hole, using a sunscreen applicator to avoid a greasy grip!
4. Use a chubby sunblock stick to protect lips, nose and ears.
5. Check skin every month or so and if you spot any changes, visit your GP immediately.
For further tips and advice visit the Slip! Slap! Swing! campaign at: